Training: team members
Working on a team, there are lots of questions
These are now questions for Spoke! This guide will introduce you to the Spoke web interface, and help you get acquainted with making requests.
Log into the Spoke; you'll notice a bar at the top. This allows you to create requests from the web.
In the lower left corner of every Spoke account, you will find the addresses that you can use to create requests.
While there are many channels that can be used to ask Spoke, some actions can only be completed in the Spoke web interface.
- Triage tasks (assigning, reassigning, changing team, etc)
- Respond to requests using knowledge base resources
- Create knowledge base resources
- Mark the request as resolved
- Inbox - all requests assigned to you live here (notice the open, pending and done filters)
- Sent - these are all the requests that have been sent by you. If you want to keep track of the things you need, come here to see the updates.
- Watching - this folder shows you everything your team is working on, even if it’s not assigned to you!
- Unassigned - This folder helps to make sure NOTHING falls through the cracks (This folder is only seen by Team members)
- All - Use this folder to check out what everyone is asking in all. Use this folder to filter through all requests by resolution status, and team. It’s a great way to get an idea of what’s going on amongst the different teams.
By selecting the three dots to the right of the request, you can accomplish 4 main actions from any folder
- Mark as done - If a request has been completed, Choose Mark as done
- If the request contains private details, select Make private to hide it from other users not on the assigned team. More information about private requests can be found here.
- Change the priority of a request by selecting Make high priority (if the request is listed as normal priority) or Make normal priority (If the request is listed as high priority.)
- Delete the request, if you’ve changed your mind, or mark it as resolved.
If a Spoke profile needs to be updated, it can be accessed at any time by selecting the down arrow next to your company name in the top left of the screen, and selecting ‘my profile’ from the dropdown.
- Personal Information -
- Enter the name you prefer to be called.
- Make sure your Email is correct
- Add your phone number if you'd like to use SMS to ask Spoke.
- Directory - This information is populated by integrating with your HRIS, or Identity provider
- Once these integrations have been turned on, directory fields are not editable. (Reach out to your admin for help changing these details.)
- Notifications - Choose how you'd like to be notified of Spoke requests; Slack, Email or both!
- Authentication - Change your password, and view authenticated apps (like google) here
- Appearance - Don't love our persimmon colored navigation bar? No worries! You can choose from one of our other themes to personalize your home screen*
*This will not update the home screen for anyone else’s Spoke, don’t fear!
- API - Generate a key from this menu to access Spoke API.