How we bill
Number of employees
Up to 250 employees
251st - 500th employee
501st - 1000th employee
each employee over 1000
We offer two contract types: monthly, and annual.
Monthly: customers will be billed based on the number of invited employees from the previous billing period.
Annual: customers will be billed based on a predetermined number of seats, and pay upfront for the year. Reach out to our team to learn more!
Customers may also be billed for overages. The pricing plan you select and the number of employees you invite will determine the fees that will be charged after your free trial ends. Our minimum monthly rate is $50.
How are invoices calculated?
On Day 1 after your trial ends, an invoice will be generated for the next billing period (month). This is based on the total number of employees and the plan you have selected.
If you end up inviting more employees during the billing period, we’ll have an “overage charge”. This charge is always based on the base price of your plan. For example, even if you have 1000 employees, when you add a new employee, they will be billed at $3 for the month added. The next month, they’ll be part of the “base” and will receive the tiered discount price. For annual plans, this overage is charged if you added employees above the pre-paid quantity.
Here's a quick example:
- During your trial, you selected the Standard Plan, and invited 100 employees at $2 each
- On the first day after your trial expires, you will receive an invoice for $200 to cover Month 2.
- Invoice = 100 employees x $2 = $200
- During Month 2, you add 50 employees. On the first day of Month 3, you will receive an invoice for $400 to cover Month 3
- Month 3: 150 employees x $2 = $300
- Month 2 overage: 50 * $2 = $100 overage
- Total invoice: $300 + 100 = $400
We support annual contracts (for more information, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the live chat on this page).
Annual contracts allow you to pre-pay for an estimated number of invited employees for the upcoming 12-month period. Your fees for the year will be based on the estimated set of invited employees, regardless of whether you have that many invited employees.
Annual contracts renew automatically 12 months after the last day of your free trial, unless you cancel or we agree on new terms. At that time, the terms of your contract will be renewed at the rate and estimated number of invited employees you selected the prior year. Or, your actual invited employees at the time of renewal, whichever is higher.
Because you pre-pay for the year, any cancellations to your annual contract will not take effect until the end of the contract year. You can feel free to continue using Spoke during that time. You may cancel your contract by reaching out to us at email@example.com.
How do you count invited employees?
We count the total number of employees that were invited to use Spoke during a given billing period. If you start the billing period with 10 employees, delete 5 and invite 5 new employees, we consider that to be 15 employees for such billing period.
I deleted 10 employees, what happens next?
Those 10 employees count towards invited employees during the billing period that you deleted them. Because they were present during part of that billing period, these employees are therefore part of the subscription cost for that period. However, they won't be counted towards your bill for the next period.
- During your trial, you selected the Starter plan and invited 200 employees at $1 each. On the first day after your trial expires you will receive an invoice for $200.
- On Day 14 of your billing period (Month 2), you delete 10 employees.
- Month 3: 190 employees x $1 = $190
What payment types do you accept ?
We're happy to accept all major credit cards; Visa, American Express, and Mastercard. If none of these work for your company, please reach out to discuss different payment options.
What happens if I cancel my subscription?
Firstly, we'd be sad to see you go—do reach out to us beforehand and we'd love to find a way to make Spoke work for your team and your budget.
That said, when you request to cancel your subscription, it will take effect at the end of the billing period (which you've already paid for). At that time, we'll also settle any overage charges based on new invited employees during that billing period.
What happens when I upgrade my pricing plan?
If you upgrade your pricing plan (e.g. from Starter to Standard), you will gain access to your upgraded pricing plan's features right away.
Starting with the next invoice, you will be billed based on this upgraded pricing plan.
If you invite new employees before your current billing period ends, those new employees will be charged at this new upgraded price.
- During your trial, you selected the Starter plan and invited 50 employees at $1 each
- On Day 14 of your billing period (Month 2), you upgrade to the Standard plan. You will receive an invoice for $100 to cover Month 3.
- 50 employees x $2 = $100 for Month 3
- If you had added 5 employees on Day 20 of Month 2, you would have also seen an overage charge. Your invoice total would be $110.
- Month 3: 50 employees x $2 = 100
- Overage: 5 employees x $2 = $10
- Total invoice $110
What happens when I downgrade my pricing plan?
If you downgrade your plan (e.g. from Plus to Standard), you will lose access to the features of your current plan, right away.
Starting with your next invoice, you will be billed based on this downgraded pricing plan. If you invite new employees before your current billing period ends, those new employees will be charged at this new downgraded price
More questions? Click the blue icon in the lower right. We’re happy to chat!