Learn how to automate your requests
In this article, we're going to teach you how to train Spoke with two quick steps.
- Make a request
- Answer that request by creating a knowledge base resource
Make a request
From any page on Spoke, navigate to the "request bar" and type in a commonly asked question. Click enter on your keyboard or click "Start a new request."
Since you haven't added any answers yet, Spoke will ask you if you'd like to create a request. Select "Yes." This will send you into an expanded review of your request.
Add a knowledge base resource
- Beside "Write a reply", click on the "+" button.
- Choose to add a Google Drive item, File, Link, or Text. Click Search KB if you know the answer already exists.
- Enter your answer and make sure to add keywords.
- Turn on Automate this reply. Since you asked the question Spoke assumes you don't know the answer, so this is automatically switched off.
- Click Add.
- On your keyboard, press "enter" to send the answer to your request.
- Click the checkmark on the upper right to resolve the request.
Try making the same request again; let's see how Spoke does!
Help Spoke learn more by:
- Asking a similar question in natural language
- Adding the same answer again by clicking Search KB instead of Google Drive, File, Link, or Text.
What's happening in the background?
By assigning the request to a team and using a KB article to respond to the request, Spoke will associate all the keywords in your question with all the keywords in your answer and team. Each time you resolve a request; the confidence score for your knowledge base resource increases. This tells Spoke that this is the right answer and to use it again.