Training: early adopters
The best way to get started with Spoke is to use a multi-channel approach.
Early adopters are a small group of individuals who may love trying out new tools and have influence amongst their peers. They will be the ones on the ground spreading the word about Spoke and showing others how to use it. The goal is to leverage learnings from this meeting to ensure a successful launch.
In 30 minutes you can accomplish three main things:
- Understand the workflows required from both requesters and team members.
- Train a small group of people to show their peers how to ask Spoke questions, rather than asking you.
- Collect questions, train Spoke, and add to your knowledge base.
What will you ask of them?
- To join a quick training about Spoke where they can help you get set up by asking Spoke questions they typically send your way.
- To spread the word when you launch.
- To provide feedback on the tool and new process.
Who should you look for?
- New employees - who better to help you ask questions, then employees that need the answers now!
- Respected and well liked peers - they're approachable and are often turned to for advice and quick questions, use their influence at the company to help you launch.
As these questions roll in, you can train Spoke by adding answers directly to them. We call this Pre-Seeding the KB
Here is a presentation template you can use for the meeting.