Spoke is the new central hub for all requests. This guide will walk through all the major actions and functions you need to know to get started.
To begin, navigate to the request bar at the top of any screen in the web app.
Enter a question into the request bar and press "Enter."
Spoke will reply with a knowledge base resource, if an existing resource answers the question.
If there isn't a knowledge base resource available, Spoke will find someone to help. Select "Yes" to signify that helped, or "No, file a new request." to contact a human.
Expanded request view
Selecting "Yes, file a new request" will open the expanded request view of your request. In the expanded request view, you can see important details related to your request.
- Click the request title to change the title of the request
- Which expert is handling the request. (click the down arrow to change who)
- Which team is reviewing your request (click the down arrow to change teams)
- The type of request you've made (click the dropdown to change type)
- Who is following this request (use "+" to add followers or @mention)
Actions in expanded request view
There are a number of actions that can be taken from this view. Begin by selecting the "..." in the top right of the request.
- Change the privacy settings of the request: Make private, or make Public, depending on current settings.
- Change the priority of the request; increase or decrease the priority.
- Edit the request title and requester.
- Delete the request.
- Inbox Your default screen in Spoke is the Inbox; this folder holds all requests assigned to you.
- Sent - The Sent folder holds all requests that you have created.
- Watching - Any new requests that are assigned to your team, but not directly assigned to you will live here.
- All - Will show any and all requests companywide*
- Unassigned - Any requests that have not been assigned to a team. This only shows to team members; requesters not on a team, won't have "unassigned."
* Private requests not assigned to your team will not be visible in the "all" tab
If you're receiving a high volume of requests, head to the "All" tab and click the three lines in the top right. This will expose filters.
Use these filters to view only specific requests and find the ones you need.
- Status - Filter requests by open or done.
- Team - View requests assigned to a certain team
- Requester - look at all requests made by a specific person at once.
- Assignee - look at all the requests assigned to a specific team member.
- Beside "Write a reply", click on the "+" button.
- Choose to add a Google Drive item, File, Link, or Text. Click Search KB if you know the answer already exists.
- Enter your answer and make sure to add keywords.
- Turn on Automate this reply. Since you asked the question Spoke assumes you don't know the answer, so this is automatically switched off.
- Click Add.
- On your keyboard, press "enter" to send the answer to your request.
- Click the checkmark on the upper right to resolve the request.