Request Types - Tasks
Many company projects need help from many departments to reach completion. In the case of Onboarding, a hiring manager can trigger a flurry of activity across the company. Tasks allow admins can keep one request, but assign up to 15 action items across different teams.
- Navigate to the "Teams" page and select the Team that should own the request type.
- From the Team Details page, choose the "Request Types" menu.
- Select the red "+" in the bottom right of the screen.
- Choose to edit a template or build a custom request type for your team.
For more information on building request types, check out our article here
Once you've selected the Request Type you'd like to edit, navigate to the "Tasks" tab.
Choose "+ Add a task" to enter and assign a task.
Enter the task that needs to be completed, then select the downward arrow next to "leave it unassigned" to determine the task assignment.
Here, you will be given a list of options to assign this task.
- Request Assignee - The person handling the request has specific action items each time this request is created.
- Requester - The person filing the request needs to reply with information such as a signed handbook or tax documents.
- Requester's Manager - If a user's manager needs to approve items such as hardware or software purchases.
- A Member of... - any member of the chosen team.
- A Specific user... - a certain subject matter expert is needed to handle the request
- Leave it unassigned… - List the task as part of the request, but do not assign it to anyone.
Once you have created all the tasks required for the specific request type, make sure to press "Save"!
Tasks in the request panel
Tasks can be accessed in the request panel on the right side. By clicking on "Tasks" the section will expand to show the status of each task.
Task Due dates
Click the dropdown next to no due date from the dropdown in the expanded request view to add a due date to each Task.
Choose an option from the dropdown, or select custom... to expose the calendar picker.
Once you choose your custom date, the date picker will minimize and show you the tasks again.
Only task assignees, can add or edit tasks - including marking them as complete.
To assign Tasks to the person working the request
Choose "Request assignee“
This way, the user assigned to respond to the request is tasked with a specific action.
To assign tasks to the person who created the request
This assigns the task to the person who filed the request.
To assign tasks to a Requester’s manager
choose “Requester's manager”...…
This is useful when asking for manager approval of purchases or changes to user access
Creating Tasks from the Request panel
Begin by opening the Tasks menu and clicking + Add a task
Type the needed task in the field that is exposed.
Choose the Checkmark on the far right to add the Task once you're finished.
To assign the Task to a specific team:
choose "A member of..."
From the resulting dropdown, choose the team you'd like to handle the task.
To assign tasks to a specific expert:
Select "A Specific user..."
From the resulting dropdown, choose the expert best suited to handle the task at hand.
To remove a task from a request type, select the red Trash icon
Changing Task assignment
To change the assignee of a task, choose the downward arrow next to the team or person assigned.